THE ARMOUR REPAIR DRILL
While it needs a better name this game is my current favourite as it teaches so many good skills. This game has no flashy story – just a lot of good skill to it.
I prefer this one as a locational drill as it teaches more but either work.
PEOPLE: An even number (A marshal is a good job for a spare man if you have one.)
REQUIRES: Nothing but weapons and space
- Everyone is 3 loc or 5 global. Partners number themselves one and two and form a circle stood together. Number 1’s start.
- Anyone who leaves the circle is out.
- The game is last man standing and you can tag in your partner with any physical touch. (Winding them will not help their performance – weapons do not count)
- While on the outside ring you may regenerate a hit at a rate of 1 per 30 seconds. This is a locational hit point. Any part of a 30 second interval counts for nothing and you start from 0 if interrupted for any reason.
- If your partner dies you automatically go in. You may not tag out with a dead man.
- Last team standing wins.
- Communication: Your outside man can watch your 6 for you at all times. Effective messages save lives.
- Hit priority: Knowing the right hit to repair is important. If your head is down that comes above your left leg unless you rely on mobility and that head of yours is only bruised.
- Awareness: Not only of what is around you but of your way home
- Patience: This is one of the few drills where buying your partner time is a wise idea.
- Aggression: If you know that dick head is buying his partner time you need to put him down
- Sense: Know. When. To. Back. Out.
- Placement: It is a lot easier to out someone by fighting them out a circle half the time – knowing when to press someone is an incredible skill.
I BOUGHT BACK UP
Two teams of two team up. Two go in at once. You need to maintain 2 people in the circle on your team for as long as you can.
I BOUGHT MY MAGE MATE
One of the team members has a cheeky ranged repel (10 ft backwards on one target) or ranged strikedown (the target must kneel for ten seconds or have their chest or back touch the floor)
I BOUGHT A HAMMER
One of your team members has a 20 second regen count rather than 30.